Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Session Development

I originally wrote this post a few days ago when I was sampling the beer to see if it was fully carbonated, but I have had to come back and redo the post because my initial impressions have changed.  The first few pints I tried were way too hoppy, which was sort of strange because I made an conscious effort to tone down the hops.  It wasn't bad being hoppy, it just wasn't what I was trying to make, I already have a Pale and IPA that are hop-focused.  The pint I poured tonight was more of what I was aiming for originally, a balanced session beer.  I still think it could use a little more body to it, but the malt comes through really well right now.  I am curious to find out what other people think of this beer, as it has that biscuity taste that a lot of people like in Fat Tire and Mac and Jack's African Amber.

I plan on brewing this one again soon with some minor changes, but I will wait to decide on what to change once I get some other people to give me feedback.  If you are in Boise, write me a comment and I will try to get you a bottle.

1 comment:

  1. Mike,
    I would love to help out tasting beers. I also have a good friend that is really into brewing and would be a good guy to help out the taste tests. Let me know,
    Grant Hamilton
    891-0603

    ReplyDelete