Monday, December 7, 2009

Last Month of '09

Kind of hard to believe that '09 is almost over, it feels like I just finished Brewing School even though that was 9 months ago.  As I move towards the end of this year, I am really hoping to get most of my financing nailed down so I can start 2010 by signing a building lease.  Meetings are set up, it is just a matter of getting the commitments.

Now that I have made some Christmas/Holiday/Winter Seasonal pilots, it is time to get back to working on the first release(s) for Payette Brewing.  There is a poll on the right to help decide what style I will start/continue to work on.  I have my opinions on what to make, but I want to know what the people in Boise want to see.  Be sure to check back for opportunities to sample these pilot batches and give your feedback.  I plan on brewing something this week and will post something when I do.

I had another idea last night, if I can ever put it to use I will be stoked.  The idea is putting the cart ahead of the horse, but I want to make sure I write it down so I don't forget it.  So when a country wins a World Cup, they put a star above the team crest.  Since Brazil has won five World Cups, their crest has five stars.  If and when a PBC beer wins a GABF medal or another award, I will put a start above the beer that won's logo.  That all sounds good, but I still need to make an award winning beer before I can start adding stars.

1 comment: