Tuesday, December 29, 2009

There's More...

I forgot to mention a few things in yesterday's post, so here is some more random stuff.

The amber from about two weeks ago got transferred and dry-hopped yesterday.  Although my mind is constantly changing, I am planning on using The Rodeo as the name for the amber/session/bitter/mild/good beer/whatever that I have been making.  I hit all my numbers and it tastes good at this point, but the beer looks much more like a Pale than an Amber (part of the reason I don't really want to classify a style for it).

On Christmas night we had an unexpected surprise as my Uncle Tom, a well know IPA lover, brought a few (10-12) bombers from his beer fridge to taste.  What started as a 3 or 4 beer tasting turned into a lot more, which was awesome.  They were all Imperial's and Barleywines, so needless to say, we were having fun.  One of the best parts about going to different parts of the country is trying the local beers.  Rather than make everyone jealous about the different beers I got to try, I will just say that if you want a hoppy beer, Three Floyd's knows what they are doing (they know a lot more than just hops also).  That, and if you are on vacation, ask for something local to drink, it might not always be better than the beers you have tried before, but there is only one way to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment